CALVARY CHAPEL RELATED LINKS
BIBLE STUDY RESOURCES
Located in Pasadena, California, The Archives Bookshop is an independent, theological bookseller that carries over 75,000 new and used theological books in our store. They list over 10,000 of these titles on their website. This is where Pastor John loves to shop!
Blue Letter Bible
Contains a basic English Bible: an 18th century version of the "King James" translation and incredible Study Tools.
- The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (TSK) is essentially a list of verses that pertain to a particular verse—in other words, a series of cross-references (311,000 in all).
- Greek and Hebrew versions of the text using original-language typography—this is helpful for word study and translation.
- Concordance listings for most words showing a list of all verses in which a given word occurs—this is available both for the English translation and for the original language.
- Lexicon definitions for the original language and a listing showing the different ways in which specific words have been translated into English and giving a pronunciation guide.
- Cross reference of Biblical words into six different study guides—including Vine's, Nave's and Torrey's.
- Commentaries for each verse in the Bible, from sources both old (such as Matthew Henry) and modern (through "conservative" Bible-believing Pastors and Commentators)—includes both text and audio versions.
- Maps and engravings—which we pray will help the Body study God's Word.
- Approximately 85,000 pages of data have been added to the Blue Letter Bible. Through the use of computer programs, these 85,000 pages have been interlinked with the verses of the Bible: chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse, or word-by-word. About 1,200,000 links were added to integrate all the information together, allowing effective study of God's word.
Context Bible Verse Search
Assist you in looking up a verse within its context. The Context Bible Verse Search is hyperlinked to Matthew Henry's Commentary.
Is a fast and effective way to study the Bible. e-Sword is feature rich and user friendly with more capabilities than you would expect in a free software package.
Worship is a response to God
It’s for Him, not me.
It’s for His enjoyment not mine.
Worship is a response to God’s love, grace. . . . .
Psalms 147:1 Praise the LORD! For (it is) good to sing praises to our GOD; For (it is) pleasant, (and) praise is beautiful.
Come each week and let's glorify the Lord together.
Season's change and with change comes a freshness in life to start again. A new day to choose to worship God fresh and new. Ecc. 3:1 "To everything [there is] a season, A time for every purpose under heaven." But what about worship? Can we as a congregation worship God with a renewed passion? As you know we meet each Sunday to glorify God by uniting our voices in praise. But even in the corporate setting, worship doesn't begin with a group activity. It begins with our individual responses to what God has revealed to us about Himself. That happens on a daily basis and it's from that 'daily walk' with God and that moment by moment experience with His love that brings a new song of praise.
Let's face it, without your life and voice, the flocks expression is incomplete. So let's dedicate this new season as a time of refreshing and come each week to glorify the Lord together.